Tuesday, January 1, 2008

where is the romance?!?

Imagine if you could read minds; my friend, let's call him David, brought up the point today that if we were all able to read each other's minds then life would be so much easier. He said he would love it because when he flirted with women he could filter out the girls he knew weren't interested in him. Personally, knowing David and his often sleezy disposition, I know that this is no way to approach the situation. I feel like these days people forget about the desire and the chase, which leads me to the question, where has all the romance gone!?! What about Elizabeth and Mr. Darcy! If these two followed any such guidelines from David's book of romance they would have ended up completely ignoring all potential of a beyond fabulous relationship. First impressions say a lot, I'll admit to that. However, it's the judgmental, mindless attitude of David's that will find you stuck in a safety net of a relationship. 
My point is that I feel like people today stick with the significant others who they feel immediately connected to. Although the immediate connection says a lot, it's the level of comfortability you feel after getting to know the person; how easily you can open up to them both physically and mentally, and most importantly that these rules swing both ways. I know this isn't some sort of divine revelation but I'm following my own guidelines and putting it out there. Maybe it's because I just got out of a whirlwind of a relationship and feel like being very open minded to all types of boys but despite this minute detail, it's something to think about... 

No comments: